Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Whites in the living room.....

Well today seems like a good day to show you what has been going on in my living room. A couple of weeks ago Mr. upholsterer came and picked up my sofa to give it a face lift.... a white face lift!


I bought the fabric over the phone as our local mill store didn't have any in stock.... so, that was a little scary but... you really can't go wrong with white cotton duck. I wanted it kind of heavy, strong enough to with stand a lot of washing.




I love,love,love how it turned out and am busy working on some burlap pillows to mix in with the green ones. But then you know how it goes, you start looking at the rest of the room and......now that needs a little tweaking too. I think I need a different lamp and the bookshelves definately need a little work, more white on them I think. But I love how the room has evolved and I love the white with the dark floors.It feels so fresh and summery.Well you know how it goes.... its a work in progress!
I'll keep you posted..
Happy WW!
mimi

7 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwww a white sofa!!!! it is great !!! i love it !!!...........beautiful change.........happy summertime......love Ria...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new white slipcover. I have a white slipcovered sofa in my sunroom and love it. I am getting ready to clean it. Probably been washed six times and always comes out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks beautiful and fresh and clean.

    i remember that my grandmother had
    a white sofa that she covered with
    plastic to keep clean.

    please don't do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a slipcover (you mentioned washing it)? If so, it's a super nice one!!!
    Love coming here and opening up your blog to that beautiful cat and the lamp...those are the colors of your vanilla heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your new slipcovers. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine. Even my husband likes them, the kids make a mess, throw them in the wash. I also love the rake and little carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room is just beautiful. The slipcovers look great! Thank you so much for becoming a follower of my little blog! You have a new face popping up now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous- I love how that slip turned out!!

    ReplyDelete