Wednesday, October 27, 2010

hunting and gathering....

I've been working on gathering things together for daughter #3 wedding in May. As you may remember from a previous post, I have a friend who is on a mission to find old rusty metal objects for me. I also have her hunting for galvanized metal containers as well, and mason jars. We will use the jars and containers for flowers and to hold programs etc..... right now my favorite one with the pansy label is holding the small burlap bags I've ordered for her favors, the bags will be filled with coffee beans ( both of them really enjoy their Joe).Lisa from http://reinspireme.blogspot.com/ sells some beautiful rustic tags @ her Etsy shop that I purchased to attach on the bags, I'll write something clever on the back with their name and date of the wedding(open to any suggestions here). I'ts time to kick it into high gear... I can't believe it is only 6 months away...wedding dress shopping this weekend, fingers crossed she finds something she loves soon! I'm off to tie some tags.
mimi



6 comments:

  1. What a nice wedding presents....lovely........happy day darling.....love Ria..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the vintage theme here...keep up the sleuthing/hunting/gathering you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ideas for the wedding, oh what I could have done if I had the internet when I got married, so many ideas. Good luck with the dress and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a great time for you and your daughter - I hope you have as much fun as I did.

    Love the bags - great look and great idea! We did a few other details that I haven't shown yet - but I will soon. I had mason jars hanging in all the trees with a votive - so easy just wrapped wire around the neck and made a handle.

    Mimi, the only regret I have is not inviting a few people that I now more than you can imagine wish I had. My only suggestion - do the things you guys really want to do - even if you have to put it on a credit card - do it.

    I'm anxious to hear more of your plans - it comes so fast, and let me tell you - it's over so fast too.
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful things you've collected...so many interesting textures and subtle colors. Thanks for bringing us along on the journey to the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! I am sure the wedding is going to be SO beautiful...:) Looking forward to seeing more pics!!

    ReplyDelete